First night in and we go to the local bar, Mousie's for dinner.
First morning in and we run a 5k race. Over one hundred participants with first place medals in each age group, and you won't believe this but we all walked away with first place medals! Well, Rylan didn't. Rylan actually came in last of the Miyat's. He even let Dad beat him. I'm sure that will never happen again. I, on the other hand, beat all of them. :)
Many of the festivities took place in the Park. There was an old time settlers camp, where people actually lived all week (through the rain storms). It was a little strange, they were all playing their parts pretty well.
My Uncle Mark gave a talk about the 12 mile purchase, a piece of land bought from the Indians which includes Connersville. He spoke all about John Conner and his family and how Connersville came to be. Such an interesting story. Everyone loved him!
Mom took us by the house she grew up in. My grandmother had a catering business next to the house. Some of my baking skills are clearly genetic. The new owners of their house left her sign up, and it is still there 25 years later!
I hadn't been to Uncle Mike's farm for at least 7 years. It is just the way I remembered it.
Loaded gun by the back door, no big deal. Standard for Indiana.....
It's always great getting together with the Crowell's. We are a family that actually like each other.
I saved the best for last.
You know you are redneck if ....
This man was seen driving through a "major" intersection on his mower, pulled into McDonald's, parked... and you see him walking in for breakfast.
You're welcome.
Part 2: Canada




No comments:
Post a Comment