Toronto. 2013 Barbershop Harmony International Competition and Convention, "where there are no winners, only losers." Wait. I think that's Conan O'Brien's opinion....
Toronto! Pretty, Eh?
The city reminded us of a bigger Chicago. At times it didn't feel like you were out of the country, until you heard a few different foreign languages while walking down the street, the Canadian accent, and especially when the 4th of July didn't exist at all. In no specific order, let me show you what we saw!
The Hockey Hall of Fame.
Kensington Market-land of everything Hipster.
St Lawrence Market - A farmer's market of sorts.
We attended a Toronto Blue Jays game. Apparently they aren't very good and David liked to point out that no one seems to attend the games either. I thought the stadium was amazing, beautiful, and I loved the environment. I'm a fan. I was not a fan of the group of guys sitting behind us who asked, "Can you score while on defense? Like if you get the ball and hit the base first, before the runner?" Unbelievable.
We took the highly recommended elevator ride up the CN tower. SUPER high up. Walking over the glass floor was a mental challenge for all of us.
We spent the 4th of July at Wayne Gretzky's Oasis Patio Bar. We found some fellow American's who were overly excited to wish us a Happy Fourth of July. We shared many pitchers of Steam Whistle Pilsner, my new favorite Canadian beer.
Went shopping at the historical fur trading Hudson Bay Company. Amaze. The fur Rylan is modeling was $600.
The Loose Moose. I think it is accurate to call this our favorite bar in Toronto. They have AWESOME bars!
Rylan's first International! He fits right in, doesn't he? Another year of great choruses and quartets.
Dad's group took 16th place this year. Pretty good for a bunch of old guys.
We LOVE the International Competition and hope we qualify next year, in VEGAS!
And Toronto loved us.
Anyone have a pen?
Part 3: Detroit.










No comments:
Post a Comment